Contact!

nevernotamanda@gmail.com

Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Baby's First Portrait


Here we witness one of my very earliest works. Created when I was around two years old, possibly even younger, we can see that I chose the Path of the Artistic at a fairly young age. Please note the human's proportions. Mostly all head and face, this seems to be a fine representation of how a small tiny child would identify people, being held all the time and whatnot. The feet and legs are very indistinct because they were always waaaay down there. Also, being held by arms apparently does not involve being AWARE of arms.

My mom always said that I drew this after visiting with my grandfather, so she assumes he was the subject of this artwork. And artwork it is, indeed! Look, I even signed it! (not my mom's handwriting in red marker, but the blue squiggle mark off to the side. That was meant to be my very own signature).

And yes. The canvas is actually a clean diaper that I had taken from the box.

1 comment: